Hugo Silva & Maldonado has extensive experience acquired though years of successful litigation before Brazilian State and Federal Courts for many domestic and foreign clients.
Among others, a famous counterfeiting case was successfully handled by Mr. Silva on behalf of one of the largest toy manufactures in the world.
A multinational pharmaceutical company also obtained declaratory judgment against the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO).
Hugo Silva & Maldonado is prepared to handle trademark, intellectual property and patents law suits in the main commercial jurisdictions in Brazil, including the Federal Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
The firm handles among others:
- Complex patent litigation
- Trademark infringement and unfair competition
- Enforcement of famous marks in Brazil
- Preparation of expert opinion reports and cease and desist letters
- Enforcement in Brazil of famous marks under the Paris Convention
- Cybersquatting cases
- Police raids, preliminary injunctions, appeals
- Counterfeiting cases
- Cases against the Brazilian Patent Trademark Office