In addition to procurement and litigation, Hugo Silva & Maldonado is involved in counseling and consulting for intellectual property and, through associated firms, works with related matters in Environmental and Consumer laws.
The firm has experienced professionals able to analyze client’s needs and goals so as to determine the most appropriate legal tool to protect their intellectual creations both domestically and abroad. We handle trademark, intellectual property, patents and other related claims.
In a broad analysis, all issues affecting intellectual property rights are addressed such as:
- Trade secrets evaluation and maintenance procedures
- Confidentiality issues for corporations and inventors
- IP related Tax and Labor law issues
- Due diligence of IP portfolios
- Infringement analysis and unfair competition practices
- Valuation of IP assets in bankruptcies, mergers and acquisitions