Hugo Silva & Maldonado has extensive experience acquired though years of successful litigation before Brazilian State and Federal Courts for many domestic and foreign clients.
Among others, a famous counterfeiting case was successfully handled by Mr. Silva on behalf of one of the largest toy manufactures in the world.
A multinational pharmaceutical company also obtained declaratory judgment against the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO).
Hugo Silva & Maldonado is prepared to handle trademark, intellectual property and patents law suits in the main commercial jurisdictions in Brazil, including the Federal Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
- Complex patent litigation
- Trademark infringement and unfair competition
- Enforcement of famous marks in Brazil
- Preparation of expert opinion reports and cease and desist letters
- Enforcement in Brazil of famous marks under the Paris Convention
- Cybersquatting cases
- Police raids, preliminary injunctions, appeals
- Counterfeiting cases
- Cases against the Brazilian Patent Trademark Office