Patents in Brazil
Patents in Brazil – a short expression for one patent, two or more patents – are essencial to protect your intellectual property.
In the highly competitive and fast paced technological world, patents are decisive to effectively protect and enforce valuable intellectual property rights in this vast continent-country.
This can only be reached through responsive, accurate counseling by skilled patent attorneys acting before the Brazilian Patent Office.
Hugo Silva & Maldonado’s team is supported by experienced patent engineers with advanced degrees from reputable universities in Brazil and abroad. The Firm is able to work with inventions in virtually all scientific fields: chemical, mechanical, automotive, electrical, biochemical, electronic, pharmaceutical, computer science, electromechanical, telecommunications, biotechnology, health science, life sciences, food & beverage, metallurgy, manufacturing, technology etc.We can help you to file and prosecute your patent applications in Brazil and in any country in the world where patents and trademarks have significant activities. Through our partnerships with proficient, experienced local patent and trademarks attorneys, we can coordinate and implement patent and trademark protection in US, Canada, Europe, China, Australia etc., as well as in Latin American, Asian and African countries.
- Prior art searches
- Drafting, translations, filings and prosecution of patent applications
- International and domestic patent applications
- Green patents
- Protecting medical devices, compounds and compositions
- Antipolluting processes and devices
- National phases of PCT applications in Brazil and abroad
- Patent validity and infringement opinions
- Payment of maintenance fees
- Oppositions against third parties’ applications
- Administrative nullity actions against third parties’ granted patents
- Defense against administrative nullity actions filed by third parties
- Filing and prosecuting industrial designs applications
- Amending filed patent and industrial design applications
- Translation of technical texts from and to English idiom
- Certificates of approval with Anvisa (Brazilian equivalent to FDA) administration
- Recommending on claim format in filing in Brazil
- Counselling at all stages of prosecution of own or third parties’ patent applications
- Watching own or third parties’ patent prosecution
- Strategic advising on maximizing claim coverage
- Licensing patents
- Licensing industrial designs